Please use this list to make sure you’ve included all six requirements to complete your application:
- Fill out the application form. Your information should be legible and accurate. If you are a current Austin Independent School District (AISD) student, include your AISD student number found on your report card and have a parent or guardian sign this form. Download and fill out the application now.
- Write a letter of application. This is a handwritten letter, minimum of two-pages (front-side only, please), that should describe your academic interests, and why you want to attend the Ann Richards School (ARS). If you have a hero/heroine, you can explain how that person has inspired you. Address the letter to Ms. Jeanne Goka, Principal.
- Include your STAAR scores from last year. See your current teacher or counselor for copies of your scores.
- Include your report card. Be sure to turn in your recent report card with the first semester of grades along with your attendance record.
- Obtain TWO teacher recommendations. Teacher recommendation forms are included in the application packet. You may turn in these forms, or your teachers may prefer to mail them directly to Ms. Goka. We prefer a recommendation form from your English/Lauguage Arts teacher and one from your Math teacher. If you have only one teacher in these areas, please indicate this on the form and ask an elective teacher or a past teacher to complete the form.
- Enclose a stamped business envelope. We will use this envelope to mail admission notification letters in March of each year. (Envelope size: No. 10 white business envelope; 4-1/8″ x 9-1/2″.)