Please use this list to make sure you've included all six requirements to complete your application:
- Fill out the application form. Please make sure that this information is legible and accurate. If you are a current AISD student, include your AISD student number that can be found on your report card. Your parent or guardian must sign this form.
- Write a letter of application. This is a handwritten letter by you that describes your academic interests and why you want to attend the Ann Richards School. If you have a hero/heroine, you can explain how that person has inspired you. This letter should be at least 2 pages, front side only. Address your letter to Ms. Jeanne Goka, Principal.
- Include your STAAR scores. These are your STAAR scores from last year. See your current teacher or counselor for copies of your scores.
- Include your report card. Be sure to turn in your recent report card with the first semester of grades along with your attendance and tardy record.
- Obtain TWO teacher recommendations. Teacher recommendation forms are included in the Application Packet. You may turn in these forms, or your teachers may prefer to mail them directly to Ms. Goka. We prefer a recommendation form from your English/Lauguage Arts teacher and one from your Math teacher. If you have only one teacher in these areas, please indicate this on the form or you can ask your elective teacher or last year’s teacher to complete one of the two recommendation forms.
- Enclose a stamped business envelope. We will use this envelope to mail admission notification letters in March of each year. (Envelope size: No. 10 white business envelope; 4-1/8" x 9-1/2".)
- Download the Application Form here.